Fixed operators strategies - 29/09/07

Publié le par Jean Arnal

FT targets to form a JV, called HNSA for Home Network Software Applications, with its Livebox makers (Thomson and Sagem/Safran), to harmonize interfaces ans applications between various home entertainment devices. FT would hold 60% and Thomson and Sagem the remaining 40%.

A new US start-up, Ooma, is offering unlimited VoIP local and long distance calling, as well as an additional line, for a flat fee of $399 per year. The company is founded by former Cisco executive Andrew Frame.

Benin and Togo (both in Africa) have formally launched the extension to the SAT-3/WASC (South Atlantic Telephony-3/West African Submarine Cable) international submarine cable between West Africa and Europe. The system will also interconnect with SAFE (South Africa-Far East) cable and form a new network between Europe and Asia.

Teliasonera (Sweden) separates network and services. It is establishing a new fully-owned telecom infrastructure subsidiary in Sweden to manage its fixed assets (copper and fiber networks as well as multiplexing).

Transfer of 1.2m cable subscribers from Orion to Kabel Deutschland (both companies in Germany) for an amount of about €585m.

Orange and BT Wholesale today announced a strategic agreement to provide BT wholesale landline services to Orange customers in the UK.

Bouygues Telecom (a MNO in France) will offer DSL services, using Neuf Cegetel' s network. From the beginning, Bouygues Telecom will cover 60% of the French population.

Nepal and China have signed a contract to link the two nations via an optical super-highway link.

FarEasTone (Taiwan) announced 2008 WiMAX spending at about $155m.

Commenter cet article